Listening to Your Heart
Slow living to me is all about listening to your heart’s whispers to you. It is more than OK to take a step back from time to time and reconsider our needs. Awareness, mindfulness, emotional intelligence and balance are the words that come to my mind when I think about slow living.
Tulips Every Time
My Fav Flower Tulips are so simple, yet they convey so much beauty. I never knew there were so many varieties of tulips until I moved to the Netherlands! Did you know that there are currently over 3,000 registered varieties of tulips? Such a “simple” flower, one might think.
Tips For Gorgeous Photos
Daylight is your best friend! Try to use the natural light to create various mood effects in your pictures. If you can, stick to one or max two editing apps; the more you edit the picture, the more difficult it is to achieve the effect you might be aiming at.
Authors I Love
Any classic by Oscar Wilde. Lately I really enjoyed reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman.
Amsterdam Cafés I Love
Toki, Scandinavian Embassy, Bocca Coffee & Lot Sixty One Coffee Roasters
1. If you have a tight travel schedule, do your research! Make a list of the places you’d like to see. I love to add mine to the map on my phone, so that way I can always check if any of the places I want to visit are near me.
2. Be flexible! Often many unexpected things happen during your travels and you can’t always see everything you were planning to. That’s ok! There’s always another reason to come back!
3. Always bring extra battery chargers! It seems simple and obvious, but I hate to say how many times I wished I had an extra charging cable or battery pack with me.
4. Ask locals for the best spots in and around the places you’re planning to visit. I find that the best way to do that is to do a little research of the place on Instagram and then simply contact a person who lives in the area. Many times people are happy to share their advice. You never need as much as you think.
5. Pack light! There’s always one more reason to go shopping and at the same time discover some unique places.