Health + Wellness
Recipe Developer/Food Photographer
Based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Instagram: @biteoflight | biteoflight.com
100 g polenta flour
160 g all-purpose flour
70 g almond flour
200 g coconut sugar
½ tsp cardamom powder
½ tsp cinnamon powder
16 g baking powder
200 ml applesauce
25 g coconut cream
60 ml vegetable oil
140 ml coconut milk
50 ml orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 355°F. Grease with coconut oil and line a 24 cm tin with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients: polenta flour, all-purpose flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cardamom and cinnamon powders and baking powder. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
3. In a second bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients: applesauce, coconut cream, vegetable oil, coconut milk and orange juice. Combine well.
4. Slowly tip the bowl of liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients mixture and fold with a spatula until just combined.
5. Pour into the cake pan and cook for about 40 minutes, until the cake is golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
6. Sprinkle cake with crushed pistachio and decorate with sliced oranges.