Health + Wellness
Instagram: @therawberry | Blog: therawberry.de/en | yourfoodphotos.com
250 g butternut squash
150 g maple syrup
70 g melted coconut oil
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
200 g wholemeal spelt flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1. Wash and peel the squash. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
2. Take a medium pot and fill with about 2 inches of water. Bring to boil.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. Insert a cooking sieve to the pot and add the pumpkin. Let cook for 15 minutes with the lid closed.
5. Remove the squash and blend in a blender until you have a smooth puree.
6. Add the puree to a mixing bowl and combine with all the other wet ingredients.
7. In a second bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
8. Gently fold both mixtures together by using a spoon or a spatula.
9. Grease a standard-sized square cake pan with coconut oil.
10. Add the cake batter and put it into the oven for about 45 minutes.
11. Let cool on a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before cutting.