Instagram: @therawberry | Blog: therawberry.de/en | yourfoodphotos.com
*Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free*
300 g cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours
125 g coconut-rice milk or any other plant-based milk of your choice
100 g maple syrup
80 g melted coconut oil
40 g lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¹⁄5 tsp ground ginger
¹⁄5 tsp ground anise
¹⁄5 tsp ground cloves
¹⁄5 tsp ground nutmeg
¹⁄5 tsp ground black pepper
200 g pecan nuts
25 g shredded coconut
2-3 pitted dates
Handful of pomegranate seeds
1. You can soak the cashews up to 24 hours prior to using them. Simply take a big bowl, fill with the nuts and filtered water. Have in mind that the nuts will soak up water, so leave room for that.
2. Take your food processor, add the pecan nuts and shredded coconut. Pulse them until you have a flour-like texture.
3. Add the dates and mix again.
4. Take an 8-inch cake pan and line with parchment paper. Press the crust evenly into the pan, set aside.
5. Drain and wash the cashews. Add to your blender along with the other ingredients for the filling. Blend well.
6. Pour the cashew layer into your cake pan and freeze the whole cake for at least 6 hours. Preferably overnight. Remove from the freezer about 1½ hours prior to eating. Decorate with the pomegranate seeds.
7. This cake holds up to 6 months once frozen.