Instagram: @silvia_salvialimone | salvialimone.com
200 g almonds
200 g self-rising gluten-free flour
100 g coconut sugar
1 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
¼ teaspoon salt
150 ml plant milk
100 ml coconut oil or canola oil
6 large medjool dates
¼ vanilla pod
120 g dark chocolate
Handful chopped hazelnuts to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 390°F. Line some parchment paper into a large baking tray.
2. Chop the vegan chocolate roughly.
3. Mix the dry ingredients well in a bowl. In a food processor, blend the wet ingredients into a cream.
4. Add the chocolate bits to the dry ingredients and mix well again, then add the wet ingredients and mix the soft dough with a spatula until all flour is incorporated.
5. With a small ice cream scoop, take some dough and press it down on the baking tray to form cookies of about 2-3 inches in diameter. Keep about 1 inch between cookies.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the hazelnut. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
7. Before serving, roast some vegan marshmallows on a direct flame (I use gas flame, no shame!), until they are melted inside and golden brown outside. Make a sandwich with the cookies and eat immediately. If you don’t want the marshmallow, the cookies are also great plain!