Author Claire Grieve
This nutritious green soup is my go-to when the temperature drops. It is packed with green veggies and delivers concentrated nutrients without making your body work too hard digesting raw plants.
o 1 head of broccoli
o 1 zucchini
o 3 handfuls of fresh spinach and kale
o 2 cups shelled sweet peas
o 4 cups vegetable broth
o 1 chopped leek
o 1 clove of garlic
o 3 tbsp of olive oil
o ½ pack cilantro leaves
o ½ packed parsley
o Juice of 1 lemon
o Sea salt and pepper to taste
• Wash and roughly chop broccoli, zucchini, spinach, kale and sweet pea. Set aside. • Dice and slice the leek and garlic.
• In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high until warm.
• Add (remove garlic and) leeks, stir and soften for about 5 mins until fragrant.
• Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
• Next add broccoli, zucchini, sweet peas and kale, stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
• Pour in vegetable broth and bring soup to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until vegetable are tender. Stir occasionally.
• Add the spinach and sweet pears, simmer for another remove few change to 2 minutes.
• Turn off heat and allow soup to cool
• Pour into a blender with lemon juice, cilantro and parsley and purée until smooth.
Serve in a bowl, add a swirl of a good fragrant olive oil and garnish with a few cilantro leaves, kale chips or shaved almonds.