Ellen De Meulemeester
Photographer, Recipe Creator, Cookbook Author
One Healthy Family, One Healthy Kitchen and the upcoming Everyday Vegan
o 175 g almond meal
o 25 g desiccated coconut
o Pinch of salt
o 5 medjool dates, pits removed
o 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or mild olive oil
o 2 (400 ml) cans coconut cream or use coconut yogurt
o 3 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
o Zest of 1 lime
o 2 ripe mangoes, cut in slices
o Fresh mint, to top
• Mix the bottom ingredients in a food processor. Grease your cake tin or use a silicone cake tin.
• Transfer the dough into the tin and press it down with your fingers.
• Bake the cake 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated oven on 347°F or until golden brown.
• Let the cake cool completely.
• Chill the coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Chill a large mixing bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes before whipping. Use only the thickened coconut cream (save the liquid to use in smoothies).
• Place the cream in your mixing bowl and whip for half a minute until creamy. Add the maple syrup and whip for a few seconds more.
• Fill the cake with the whipped cream or use coconut yogurt and top with the mango slices.
• Put the cake in the fridge for 20 minutes and top with mint before serving.