Don’t let circumstances control you, focus on what you can control—yourself. Also, show up and put in the time.
Staying in the moment with my family and animals, being a conscious eater, not rushing to my next “to do,” avoiding email and media when I can, and grounding myself in nature.
Books/Authors I Love
• Playing Big by Tara Mohr
• Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
• The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
• Becoming by Michelle Obama
• Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza
• You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Put Your Own Oxygen Mask On First
One of my greatest lessons is to put my oxygen mask on first. As a wife, mother of two and creative entrepreneur, I wasn’t the best at meeting my own needs. Unlearning social conditioning to recognize my own needs has made life more fulfilling and made me a better wife, mother and friend.
Three Practices That Make My Spirit Feel Nurtured
1. Sitting down every day to do creative work for extended periods of time.
2. Having a morning routine consisting of exercise and meditation.
3. Finding time to turn off and do whatever I want uncritically.
My Personal Transformational Practices
1. Surrounding myself with people focused on being their best.
2. Working with a life coach that holds me accountable to my goals and standards.
3. Listening to motivational podcasts while running with my dogs Rocco and Max.